Re: [CQ-Contest] Self-Spotting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Self-Spotting
From: Doug Smith <dougw9wi@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 07:24:22 -0500
>> There is a local debate regarding use of the PacketCLuster. Looking for some
>> comments.
>>
>> If the contest rules do not specify, it is acceptable to spot your own call
>> on Packet?
>>
>> Rick W1TY

Is not self-spotting frowned upon *by the Cluster node operators*?

(if for no other reason, because of the fear that self-spots by
not-rare-enough-that-anyone-else-will-spot-them W stations will overwhelm the
system
and slow down delivery of the rare spots the system was built to deliver)

The practice is technically legal in the Tennessee QSO Party.  We hope our
entrants have the common sense not to do it.

--

Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN  EM66