Re: [CQ-Contest] 48 hour straight contest operation

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 48 hour straight contest operation
From: "DL8MBS" <prickler.schneider@t-online.de>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 09:49:31 +0100
Hello,
is there still some brave biggun out there who dares to report what results
planned breaks may have for effiency over the whole operation period?  I
cant imagine that there are 48 complete hours you have to push to the last
available second. Aren´t there experiences that maybe even 15-minutes
showerbreaks may result in better overall performance than hallucinating
through the final pile-ups? I am not entitled to say that because I belong
to the majority that cant afford the sheer number of hours regardless of the
ability to do so. Given some statements here that disqualifies us
automatically from being serious contesters. Not sure whether it is the best
advertisement for newcomers when they get the impression here that
"competetiveness requires catheters"...
Ok, no more. All said about contest duration and its relationship to the
time budget of the majority can be read in the archives (a recent WWDX SSB
had 35 rpt 35 SOAB-ops over 40 hours...).
73 and stay physical healthy - mentally there is all hope lost with most of
us even when not being bigguns ;-)
Chris
(www.dl8mbs.de)