[CQ-Contest] What happened to 10m ?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] What happened to 10m ?
From: "wally" <wally@el-soft.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 17:00:50 +0300
10m was the best I've heard for quite some time. I nearly fell off my chair
to land Laurent and many other EU stations into the log - and grabbing Zone 1
at the very end of the contest was a hoot!

We had a ball in VK4 - some better than others I admit - Eric at VK4YN did
better than us at VK4KW on 10m, but maybe we should stayed on the band a bit
longer!  8-)

Lets hope it lasts!

73,

Phil
VK4KW / VK4BAA

Hi Phil and Laurent,

I agree 10m band allowed for some nice DX contest QSOs beside EU to EU short
skip, but that is because we are, hopefully, finally in the beggining of next
solar cycle :-). There were no DX pile-ups to declare band really open :-(.

What I am really sorry about, though is not being able to finish the QSO with
VK4KW on 80m ! I was operating on 80m at LZ9W M/M. You guys called me and
I've got 4KW first.Then I got VK4KW and asked for confirmation, but your
signal dissapeared into noise and QRM. I did not put the contact into log and
thus missed a double multiplier :-((((.

Anyway, we are usually doing much better in CW part. I hope LZ1PM and LZ1ZD,
who will be ops on 80m at LZ9W M/M in a few weeks time, will be able to work
couple of VKs on 80 CW :-).

73, de Wally LZ2CJ