[CQ-Contest] the "problem" with M/S in WPX

To: <kr2q@optimum.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] the "problem" with M/S in WPX
From: "i4ufh" <i4ufh@libero.it>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:05:41 +0100
Hi Guys

no one seem to remember  also the new mod of the rules, regarding that the
serial # is non more by band as in the last years,
moving defacto to the past were even no 10min rules the serial # were unique
and were M/S competitors should real know
in real time if they are doing right or not. Going back to this uniqe qso #
allow more competition in strategy, undestanding
better the propagation and bands, allowing to analyze if is better stay on
40 or 80 in the first night and knowing in real time if is the
right decision or not ... It's more fun ! Forget to compare to SO1R or 2R
the PFX workable are limited and are linear proportional
to the QSO number, so work more QSO and u will get more mults, at the end
the mults worked with the mults station will be
reworked again from the RUN during the next hours, so with execption of some
special PFX as SOSB, the unique Pfx worked
from the mult station are below the 7% overall. This can make difference but
the difference is done also with hi accuracy and
fast run. If the operators are boring well move into M2, u still have the HW
with proper filters and stuff for a MS + mults station
so u know u can do it, otherwise the impact of this new proposal is minimal
in the partecipation and in the final result.