[CQ-Contest] QSL de DR1A

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] QSL de DR1A
From: "Bernd Och" <bo@boc.de>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 20:49:21 +0100
Hi all,

after having completed many hardware projects the DR1A station is back
on the air. Time to talk about the "final courtesy" of our QSOs.

  One word: PLEASE DON'T SEND US YOUR PAPER QSL CARD.
  It may be hard to understand for a classic HAM, but:
  WE DON'T COLLECT QSL CARDS ! SAVE THE NATURE !
  We have more fun working you again and again in every contest!
  Yet we want to make sure that we fulfill the "final courtesy".

To let you know about the current QSL card status at DR1A:

* There is no backlog answering direct QSL requests
(coming in to my DL6FBL postal address) - 100% fulfilled.

* All QSOs from 2005 till now have been uploaded to LoTW a few days
ago. Only a few thousand no-contest QSOs from 2009 are still missing.
They will be uploaded next week. From now on there will be automatic
uploads to LoTW every month!

* In August 2008 we sent out a bunch of QSL cards confirming ALL
100,000+ contest QSOs of the years 2006 and 2007. You should have
received your card by now!

* There is one more batch of printed QSL cards planned for
Feb/Mar 2010. We will automatically send out picture QSL cards
with a current pic of our setup for ALL QSOs of the years 2008
and 2009. This will also include all QSOs made in the CQWW CW
contest next week, and about 8,000 no-contest QSOs of the
year 2005, which were forgotten in the first batch.

* From the beginning of 2010, we will change our QSL policy.
We will no longer automatically send out QSL cards for every QSO,
but instead implement the OQRS (Online QSL Request System)
on our website as you might know from a few recent DX-peditions.
If you want a printed QSL card from DR1A for QSOs in the year 2010
and later, please fill out the online form, and we will send you
a paper QSL card via buro! Direct QSL requests will still be
answered right away.

We hope that this will satisfy all of you.

See you in all the upcoming contests!

73 Ben
DL6FBL
(for the DR1A team)

DR1A website with real-time score and webcams: http://www.dr1a.com

Freundliche Grüße

Bernd Och
Dipl.-Ing.
WCT (WatchGuard Certified Trainer)
WCSP (WatchGuard Certified System Professional)
MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer)

[Tel] 0661/9440-201
[Fax] 0661/9440-100
[Mobile] 0171/3831200