Re: [WriteLog] K1EL Winkeyer USB Problems

To: "'Rick Karlquist'" <richard@karlquist.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] K1EL Winkeyer USB Problems
From: jmaass@k8nd.com
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 09:01:11 -0500
G'day Rick:

No, the Winkeyer USB is an integrated solution. It uses the WK2 chip,
and the USB is integrated onto the single board. BTW, the newer ones
have no battery jumper to confuse the dozey tourists - it was replaced
by a diode scheme to switch automagically from USB power to battery
power when the cable is removed.

Down here, any dongle is one more dongle (plus cable) to fail from the
salt air. Often the connectors are the place where salt corrosion
builds. Also, in our small shack, the four station positions take up a
lot of space, and space is valuable!

All Winkeyers are up and running. Now to clean up the keyer paddles of
their year's worth of corrosion!

73,   Jeff PJ2/K8ND