[CQ-Contest] Interpreting the current M/S rule

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Interpreting the current M/S rule
From: Jim Idelson <k1ir@designet.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 13:38:58 -0500
I an earlier email, Ron W3WN said, "A significant percentage wanted
only a slight change in the number of band changes or a "10-minute
rule" for the SECOND transmitter.. "

For all the years I can remember, we have interpreted the existing M/S
rule as placing a 10-minute band change restriction on both the Run
and Mult radios. We have always carefully considered whether it was
worthwhile to send the mult station to grab a lone mult on a quiet
band . . . . please don't tell me the rules allow the Mult station to
go anywhere, anytime . . .