[CQ-Contest] Special NCCC Sprint Thurs DEC 3 2009

To: Cq Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Special NCCC Sprint Thurs DEC 3 2009
From: Bill Haddon <haddon.bill@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 15:33:10 -0800
For this week's NCCC Thursday Night Contesting we have an unusual,
potentially fun, Sprint format as follows:

Background:  There's an old parlor  game, often played around the holidays:
At the dinner table a story is concocted by one person and passed around the
table by whisper during the meal, one person to the next.  The last person
tells the story out loud, often with humorous and sometimes bizarre
deviations fom the original.

Our Thursday Dec 3 NS (Dec 4 UTC) mimics that game  as follows:

 -- Your first sent exchange:
         Serial #  [Callsign of your first ham license] [State/Prov/NA
Country]

--  Subsequent sent exchanges:
         Serial # [Call *Received* in the previous exchange] [State/Prov/NA
Country]

Example:

N6ZFO, Bill,  calls CQ NS and is answered by K4BAI:

>     -- Bill sends:  K4BAI N6ZFO 1 KN6QLF CA
>     -- John answers N6ZFO 1 *KN4XYZ* GA K4BAI  (John's 1st Q, so he sends
> his own first-license callsign)

        -- N3BB calls K4BAI,and K4BAI sends: N3BB K4BAI 2 *KN6QLF* GA   etc
etc

> After the Q with K4BAI, Bill answers a CQ NS from W0YK:

        -- Bill sends: W0YK 2 *KN4XYZ* CA  N6ZFO    i.e. KN4XYZ is the
callsign Bill received (from K4BAI) in the previous exchange.  So 2nd
parameter in each exchange changes with each qso, rather than remaining the
same.  This exchange is similar to that used in the historic 1990's Internet
Sprints of Tree, n6tr.

The original callsigns of N6ZFO and K4BAI are passed down the line.  Who
knows what they may be at the end. During the contest, you may hear your own
original callsign, or something approximating it, repeated.
          ---   If there's a mistake in your original call on a subequent
QSO, DO NOT correct it.

Multipliers are counted per band:  Each different State/Prov that you work,
each band.

Other rules, as usual or TNC NS see www.ncccsprint.com
    Time: 0230-0300Z Dec 4
    Bands: 20,40,80,160  CW (160 around 1815)
    Power: 100 Watts Max.
    Mults per band
    NO Same-Band Dupes

Reports: To hornucopia.com as usual.
             In Comments section please give;
                    1) Your first *sent*  exchange.
                    2) Your last several* received  *exchanges.

*Software*:  You a few days to figure out how to optimize your favorite
logging program, or just do a K7SS and sent by hand. ublish your "recipe" on
CQ-Contest. A working, tested,  example for Writelog is shown below.

73 Bill, N6ZFO

=======================
Use of Write Log in the NCCC Sprint for Dec 3/4, 2009.

1) Download and install the NS WL module, written by K0PC.
             See http://www.ncccsprint.com/writelog.html
             Give yourself some time for this step.
2) Configure the module for "no dupe" using
                     Contest
                         Parameter Setup

3) Use, for example, the following CW messages for your 2nd through last
QSO's:

When answering a CQ:
%D n6zfo %1 %P3 CA
        -- %P3 sends third parameter in the previous exchange (normally the
Name received, but here the "1st callsign" received)
                  -- %P3 goes in place of your name in the usual NS exchange

After issuing a CQ NS:
%D N6ZFO %1 %P3 CA