Re: [CQ-Contest] Your 3830 posting

To: CQ-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Your 3830 posting
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 13:24:47 -0500
K1TN wrote (regarding WX3B's 3830 post referenced below):

 >  Thanks for your very interesting posting and comments on 3830.

http://lists.contesting.com/pipermail/3830/2009-December/186529.html

         I agree Jim!  This is what's so neat about contests.  You
discover propagation anomalies that you never imagined could
happen.  I suspect this is how many paths we take for granted today
were initially discovered (e.g. long paths).

         Here's one with comments from W4AN that I'll never forget
(see his second paragraph)!

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/3830/2001-05/msg00108.html

 From 02-05z I worked ~80 stations over the pole from Zones 22, 18,
17, 16, 15 and 14 as their local sun rose and I picked up ~40 prefix
mults.  Keep in mind this was 10 meters on May 28, 2001!  That
opening helped set the current USA 10m record which I suspect will
stand for many years.  I only hope I live long enough to see another
opening like that!

                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV