Re: [CQ-Contest] MMSN - can anyone explain?

To: kr2q@optimum.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] MMSN - can anyone explain?
From: "David Kozinn, K2DBK" <dkozinn@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 13:17:44 -0500
Not that I'm in favor of the petition (I'm not), but the answer to the first
part of #1 is that a lot of sailors do get their ham tickets and have ham
radio aboard for when "all else fails" (or just for chatting with others).
I've worked at several VE sessions where members of the local power squadron
or other boat-related group have taken their exams.

I certainly hope that they don't just run out and buy a ham radio (because
it's cheaper than a commercial radio) and expect to use that exclusively.

73,
    David, K2DBK
    k2dbk.com
    k2dbk.blogspot.com