Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it time to reevaluate CQWW Scoring Rules?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Is it time to reevaluate CQWW Scoring Rules?
From: Mikael Larsmark <mike@sm3wmv.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 00:09:34 +0100
I gotta say this discussion feels stupid. If anything V47NT should get
ONE point for each US QSO just like us EU guys get 1 point for Europe. I
have never understood why these 2 point qsos actually exist, it makes no
sense.

And if the rules would change, so that we get the same amount of points
regardless of continent, that would make us EU guys run EU, the US guys
to run US and the Asian guys to run Asia. Now, that would be exciting,
right? Or not...

Leave the rules as they are, they are great! And if now V47NT wants to
win the world he should go to a 3 pts country. So if any rule change
should be done it's changing so that NA stations actually get 1 pts for
NA qsos just like everybody else gets for qsos inside their own continent.

Mike, SM2WMV (SJ2W)
http://www.sj2w.se