[CQ-Contest] Is it time to reevaluate CQWW Scoring Rules?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Is it time to reevaluate CQWW Scoring Rules?
From: Bernd Länger <vk2ia@vkcc.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 20:36:55 +1100
Interesting thoughts,

As Jim N6TJ said, you gotta do it for the fun and be happy with your
choice/possibiities! I am trying to set my targets realistically -
Oceania, nothing more (anything else would be wishful thinking for AB...)

The only more radical approach would be to consider real distances based
on grid squares, maybe with a weight factor for each band. Technically
possible with computers - most log entries for CQWW are computer logs
anyway. It really would have us in Oceania resurface from the abyss and
may initiate a new 'La Nina', ie movement opposite the current stream to
far away places... But how would you count QRN (Southern Summer vs
Northern Winter)? ...and on it goes...

Cheers
Bernd VK2IA
2.96 pts/QSO...