[CQ-Contest] Volta scoring table

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Volta scoring table
From: "Marijan Miletic" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:06:03 +0100
Doug, W9WI made some comments about casual participants not willing to check
their standard locator.  Wally, LZ2CJ propossed simpler idea to recalculate
CQ WW scores using distances from zone centers.

This reminded me of an old Italian Alessandro Volta contest with unique
table of CQ zone scoring.  You can see it at the following internet address:
http://www.contestvolta.com/point%20table.htm

I did some contest programing in 1980's and I inquired about the history of
this development. I was told it was done in the memory of an early Italian
RTTY contest operator. Volta is now supported by many contest programs but I
admire people doing paper log scoring!

My question is, do we wish further dumbing of our hoby or we are looking
forward for CHANGE?

Beware that not long ago ARRL members voted overwhelmingly for CW HF entry
preservation.  It took us a long time to accept DX Cluster and we are not
taking full advantage of SDR CW Skimmer yet.  Promoting 1970's technology of
HF IF RX radios with sharp ringing CW filters with poor IMD instead.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU ENNAE EE