Re: [CQ-Contest] Replacement for Novice Roundup?

To: Tom Osborne <w7why@verizon.net>, CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Replacement for Novice Roundup?
From: <k8gt@mi.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 22:34:27 +0000
Well Tom, you could look up some of those old 2x3s on Vanity HQ, Mike
Carroll's, N4MC, website.  Among all the other goodies there, he has Operation
CQ, in which he is trying to build a comprehensive callsign history database.
Any US callsign after 1981 is automatically entered, but sometimes there are
errors.  I encourage anyone that has held any previous call (US only, I think)
to visit the site and enter your previous call(s), dates and addresses.  Check
it out for errors on your existing call.

Yeah, I like looking up old friends old calls.  Just found one that got
relicensed 45 years later and got his old 1x3 back.  So we now keep in touch.

73, Gerry,  K8GT

---- Tom Osborne <w7why@verizon.net> wrote:

The NR was a fun contest.

I have some old QST's here that I have looked back through at the NR results
and have always wondered if any of those 2x3 callsign Novice winners are
still active in contesting with new calls.  Be interesting to see who they
are now.  73
Tom W7WHY