Re: [CQ-Contest] Log checking with mismatched bands

To: Ryan Jairam <rjairam@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Log checking with mismatched bands
From: Julius Fazekas <phriendly1@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 06:12:50 -0800 (PST)
Ryan,

The signal report topic has been beat to death for decades and really doesn't
apply to band and time issues.

Not everyone is connected to the internet, I check WWV and manually reset my
computer clock before every contest, if needed.

Depending on how your software and hardware is set up, it is possible to fry
your finals or damage filters, matching and switching devices, not to mention
causing unnecessary and unintentional QRM to others.

I think these are much more serious issues than who gets a NIL and who doesn't.
I'd rather understand what happened and fix the problem, if any and if
possible. I know I'll make mistakes that will result in an occasional NIL...

73,
Julius

Julius Fazekas
N2WN