[CQ-Contest] The winds of change

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] The winds of change
From: "Marijan Miletic" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 19:16:02 +0100
Last Nov I decided to go SOAB HP CW after few enjoyable QRP efforts chasing
various records.  I scored over 2K QSO for the first time BUT it was such a
boring event working EU pile-ups as DX bands closed early.  I got 455 kHz IF
SDR built in my FT-1000MP but I was not allowed by rules to use excellent CW
Skimmer program which would fill my band map and allow me intelligent random
band search instead of slow VFO knob rotation.  I support assisted category
with DX Cluster providing support from other people but I hate luddites in
21st century.  I understand the difficulties of SO log checking and I would
accept single NONEXTREME category.  Even with DXC, there might not be enough
CW mults to beat old records.  I'd be glad if CQ WW is shorted to 24 hours
as we are not supposed to be marathon runners.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU, hamradio & contesting since 1962 on 5 continents