Re: [CQ-Contest] Swing arm assembly???????

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Swing arm assembly???????
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 19:43:55 -0500
N4ZR:

 > Try this
<<http://custommetalworks.com/products/products.htm>http://custommetalworks.com/products/products.htm>.

After a
little thought I reverse-engineered the design and had a neighbor who
does race-car fabrication make one up for me - much cheaper.  He used a
piece of a plastic cutting board for the top bearing - still going
strong after 6-7 years.

         Mine have no bearing at the top...just a sleeve which the top of
the rotating mast fits into.  It's not that critical just so you don't
have a huge amount of play at the top.  These have been up 10 years
with no problems:

http://users.vnet.net/btippett/images/W4zv1.jpg

                                         73,  Bill  W4ZV