Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Rookie Contest

To: James Duffey <jamesduffey@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL Rookie Contest
From: Idle-Tyme <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 13:21:55 -0600
Great that they are bringing back a Novice contest.

Bummer to me at least the format.  The scoring is fine. But the time
period to me sucks.

I'd rather have seen it be like the older NR was. the large operating
window of like 10 days but work max of 24 hours.

That was a blast to run,  it took strategy to decide when to be on,  is
the band good?  where is it open to? etc.  not just brute forse, it took
some skill at deciding when to be on.

I wish they would have done that again.  Plus   couldn't they come up
with something better than /ROK  to let you know they are a rookie?
even /RR  would have been 100 times better.
Joe WB9SBD
*The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle-Tyme.com
*