[CQ-Contest] Interlaced monobanders

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Interlaced monobanders
From: VK4TI <vk4ti@wia.org.au>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 13:13:23 -0800 (PST)
I am chasing a bit of direction - I have a new tower on the way and two TH6
antennas - OK old hat but they are in stock..

I realized that the constraint would be that they would limit flexibility if
I ever wanted to run M2 or MS - so I have looked at making an antenna
similar to the Force 12 C31XR... this is to make use of the individual
feedlines..my intention is to mount the lower one on a swinging gate
arrangement..The tower is approximately the size of a Rohn 45

It appears that the force 12 design does not suit swinging gate mount due to
the number of elements so a compromise needs to be to reduce the number of
elements -

My thought pattern is to make a "base antenna" of a short 4 element 20M beam
and then add either 4 or 5 elements for 15 and ten M...by the time we add
freight (to Australia) to the cost of a pair of Force 12(s) the price
becomes prohibitive

The compromises antenna design ideals are :

Individual feedline

Ability to be used on a swinging gate

Gain on three bands -

preferably shorter boom up to 30 foot (ten metres)

Has anyone gone down this path ? I am sure several have but I have failed
finding reliable information on the net..