[CQ-Contest] Real-time logging has already been done

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Real-time logging has already been done
From: Duane - N9DG <n9dg@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 06:27:45 -0800 (PST)
Bravo to the ARRL creating a contest with sensible log submission deadline. 30
days to submit logs is a ridiculously long period of time.

Personally I'd take it a step further and go with real-time logging sooner
rather than later. Real-time logging has been done for some of the VHF Sprints
a few years ago. And I must say as a long time VHF contester the real-time
scoring angle was an absolute blast. It added a completely new dimension to
contesting. Instead of the contest feeling like a long "slogging" event, it
felt more like a real race, and you got an update every 10 minutes or so for
how your competition was doing. It provided additional motivation to really
work the band. And immediately when the contest was over I knew right away how
I did compared to my competition. Even better was that when the contest was
over, the contest was *done*, and I mean everything, no time spent prepping
logs to submit, no waiting months to see the results.

The VHF Sprint real-time logging info is here:

http://www.rfsport.com/

Duane
N9DG