Re: [CQ-Contest] When is Skimmer not a Skimmer?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] When is Skimmer not a Skimmer?
From: RT Clay <rt_clay@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 14:44:42 -0800 (PST)
I see nothing wrong with just displaying signals on a bandscope. It's been
available to owners of fancy Icom rigs for years.

The CQ160 rules even say

"Passive spotting does NOT include band scopes, SDR receivers, or the like,
which provide no information about the signal other than its presence, which is
allowed in all categories."

I suspect pretty soon it will get integrated into contest program bandmaps.

Tor
N4OGW