Re: [CQ-Contest] Cut number "J" and NO Power Sent

To: "Robert Pack" <nx5m@txcyber.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cut number "J" and NO Power Sent
From: "Stan Stockton" <k5go@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 14:50:53 -0600
From: "Robert Pack" <nx5m@txcyber.com>
To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, February 22, 2010 11:07 PM
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cut number "J"

> Or maybe the first "dit" was being lost in the initial key-up.

Unless his VOX was set to drop out after the RST was sent, this might
not happen.

I think Randy should settle this once and for all by calling the guy on
the phone and asking him what he was trying to communicate when he sent
a J for a number and of course vow not to re-submit his log after he
finds out.  :-)

On another subject.... there was a new multiplier I worked on 160M in
the contest and listened to several others work him as well.  He never
sent a power number to any one but did send some pretty specific RST
reports including 4 something 9 to some.  Although he was very strong
here, it was obvious he was not strong on the coast as many of them did
not respond when he came back to them as many as four times in a row.  I
know that all the big stations who spent time to work him will have him
in their log, and I am curious to know how this will be handled by the
log checking whether he submits a log (doubtful) or not.  Hopefully all
will have the correct RST but no one will have a power number because he
never sent it.

Stan, K5GO