Re: [CQ-Contest] arrl dx cw spotting report

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>, "'Barry'" <w2up@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] arrl dx cw spotting report
From: "Gerry Lynch" <director@allianceparty.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 17:53:14 -0000
> I remember once listening to 8P2A running on 15 SSB.  Someone spotted
> him as AP2A (at a time when the band was closed to that part of the
> world) and all hell broke loose.  he had to find a new freq it got so
bad.

We had finally managed to scare up a mini JA run on 160 from G6PZ around
their sunrise time in the last few hours of WWCW last year, and were
particularly hoping that maybe a few other Far East mults would call in.
Then we got bust spotted (and given the nature of the bust, I would
guess possibly by an hyperactive skimmer feed) as EG6PZ. By the time we
began to fight clear of the wall of semi-local 50 over 9 Eu dupes, all
the JAs were gone.

Were we ever likely to be a station in the Balearics rather than the
bust of a well known English multi-op who has been blasting your ears
out for the past two days?  I suppose after 45 hours in the chair,
people weren't thinking all that rationally.

73

Gerry GI0RTN