Re: [CQ-Contest] RX Heresy -- from the other end?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, Art Boyars <artboyars@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RX Heresy -- from the other end?
From: Julius Fazekas <phriendly1@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 06:50:25 -0800 (PST)
Hi Art...

As a lil' station, I know where you're coming from...

Needless to say I have a K3, but I also think this applies to the K2 (and
probably other rigs), and on CW I can find that station more often than not
between the big gun runners. If I can hear them, I feel I have a better shot at
working them. On 160, anyway, that has been a very effective tactic for me.

One can argue, if the DX is running between to big US stations it isn't hearing
the US at all, but I don't always find this to be the case. The folks on the
other side can hear pretty darn well most of the time.

The best receiver you can afford is still worth the price of admission, in my
opinion.

Agreed with the bigger antenna conundrum, make the ones you have as efficient
as possible. One's QTH is a limiting factor, as is one's wallet... even if
you're a good scrounger!

73,
Julius

Julius Fazekas