Re: [CQ-Contest] RX Heresy? - Key Clicks

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RX Heresy? - Key Clicks
From: Gerry Lynch <director@allianceparty.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 15:41:01 +0000
On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 19:21:22 -0700, Dale Putnam <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> So.. in this time, when we are all looking for more contacts... and...
> hopefully we are all wanting to keep the ability to play contests... with
> fewer and fewer contestants...

Except there is no evidence that there are "fewer and fewer contestants" in
HF contesting; quite the reverse actually.

We're not just seeing record scores and record participation in the big
international contests (although we are assuredly seeing that).  Even such
a venerable, old fashioned, quirky old nag as BERU is seeing participation
and scores breaking records year after year.

Relax.  We're not all doomed.  Now VHF contesting and DXing, *that's* a
part of amateur radio that is in some trouble.

73

Gerry Lynch GI0RTN