Re: [CQ-Contest] Rookie Round-Up

To: <sawyered@earthlink.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Rookie Round-Up
From: "John" <shore1@xplornet.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 07:38:04 -0700
I have a friend who is a recently a new ham with HF and he saw that on the
web and the first thing he said was .."too complicated for me, I wont bother
with that one" and that was that.... and that is from someone who IS very
computer literate, now can you imagine the thousands of good folks who are
computer illiterate...... not one person I have spoken to is even remotely
interested in such an event with this kind of nonsense..... it took the wind
out of most peoples sails so to speak..... I for one have supportted this
kind of event for years ( less of course this new forced submission of
logs).... what about the young kids that have HF now..... do you think for
one second they want to be bothered with this...... I think not..... it is
too bad for I for one was really hoping that they would not institute this,
but since they have I wont waste my time telling folks about it either....
too complicated it RIGHT ??..... after all it is a HOBBY not a PROFESSION
where deadlines have to be met.... Get with the program people..... and drop
this kind of rubbish and help bring new blood to our hobby instead of
destroying it with this kind of nonsense......

cheers
best dx to all
John
VE7JZ