Re: [CQ-Contest] Nashville Contesters

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Nashville Contesters
From: Doug Smith <dougw9wi@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 08 May 2010 09:45:25 -0500
K5NZ@aol.com wrote:
> How are you guys doing over there?  Hoping your family's and property  are
> safe!

Haven't heard from absolutely everyone but it looks like everyone has come out
just fine.  Probably because contesters tend to prefer to live on high
ground!  I do know K4RO was basically on an island for a few days...

That said, an awful lot of people who *aren't* contesters have suffered
greatly.  There's been flooding in every part of the city, and in all the
outlying counties.  Some outlying areas may not have utilities for *months*.
Much of the damage will probably not be covered by insurance.

I'm sure the Red Cross would appreciate everyone's help.

--

Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN  EM66