Re: [CQ-Contest] Are contesters born or made?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Are contesters born or made?
From: "Marijan Miletic" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 13:13:03 +0200
I vividly remember 3 contesting "made" events:

1. 1991 CW DSP robot making 200+ QSO in ARRL DX having problems with polar
flutter at 20 m opening.  I was "better" knowing active callsigns.  It can
be improved now with SCP and better algorythms.
2. 2002 K1B Baker island RTTY pileup.  I picked-up a lot of partial
callsigns from my memory.
3. 2003 Ohrid, Z3 HST championship - UA YL receives 400+ lpm, K1ZZ & myself
can hardly detect group pauses.  Her explanation - excersize!

Motivation and confidence is important in every competition.  Just check
WRTC results for USA "Can do" attitude.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU