[CQ-Contest] Announcement: iYouthAmateurRadio

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Announcement: iYouthAmateurRadio
From: <scottw3tx@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 10:23:46 -0400
It is with the greatest excitement imaginable that I announce the formation
of iYouthAmateurRadio, a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting
youth amateur radio through contesting, dxing, and transmitter hunting!

I conceived this idea many years ago. Then last week, while attending the
Contest Dinner and DX Dinner at Dayton, it occurred to me that if something
is not done very quickly and effectively the future of contesting and dxing
is in serious trouble. Let's face it...in 20 years Cal K0DXC, and his
cohort, may not have anybody to work in the contests.

In the coming weeks I will be announcing our website going live, our board
of directors (many of whom I have already spoken with), our strategic plan,
and an e-mail reflector to manage internet communications.

iYouthAmateurRadio's first annual convention will be held on the Thursday
immediately before Dayton 2011, with the natural flow of events leading into
the Dayton Youth Forum activities on Friday and Saturday.

I ask of you, each active contester, for one simple thing.  During this
summer when your kids or grandkids are out of school please take the time to
mentor at least one student into our wonderful hobby.  Then be sure to bring
them to the iYouthAmateurRadio program at Dayton 2011.  Our organzation will
be available within the next few weeks to help you in the licensing effort.

Vy 73,
Scott Johns W3TX
814-881-9258