Re: [CQ-Contest] Yaesu rotor conversion to 220 volts

To: "'CQ-Contest'" <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Yaesu rotor conversion to 220 volts
From: "Dale Martin" <kg5u@hal-pc.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 20:35:22 -0500

Wow!  Yaesu Tech Support hits another home run.

This afternoon, around 2:00pm CT and for the fun of it, I posted a query to
Yaesu on their Contact Us page about what, if any, modifications are
necessary in the G-450A and G-800SA for 220v service.

At 5:31pm, CT, Ron Fortin at Yaesu/Vertex responded with an e-mail and PDF.
While I asked about the 450a and 800sa, he only provided a pdf that covers
the 800/1000/2800/5500 series of rotators. So, for the 800SA there is a way
to configure it for 220v service; but not, apparently, for the 450a.

If anyone wants to see the PDF, I've put it here:
http://www.hal-pc.org/~kg5u/yaesu.pdf.

73,
Dale, kg5u