Re: [CQ-Contest] Rd: IARU Log Checking

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Rd: IARU Log Checking
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 18:08:19 -0400
IMHO...

If the station doesn't send in a log, then the log checkers should give the
stations who did send one in the benefit of the doubt.

Even in cases where the wrong exchange (zone, state, whatever) appears to
have been sent, or a different zone at different times.

Simply because for all we know, the station that didn't send in the log DID
send what was logged when it was logged.  We don't know if the op sent the
wrong exchange by accident and corrected it; did it deliberately to muck up
the works; wasn't paying attention; or was giving a different number for
some unknown reason.

This would be akin to, for example, someone logging me in Sweepstakes,
copying WMA for my section, and the log checkers flag it because I live in
WPA... and I didn't bother to send a log in for a handful of contacts I made
when I was visiting a friend and had a few minutes to operate.

And those who "corrected" the exchange based on what the logging computer
said, well, they get away with the benefit of the doubt.  So it goes.

73