[CQ-Contest] Don´t forget: This weekend WWSA CW Contest

To: Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Don´t forget: This weekend WWSA CW Contest
From: Carlos Guillermo Vahnovan <guillev@v2r.com.ar>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 01:45:27 -0300

2010 WWSA Update

On Saturday June 12th from 1500Z  until Sunday 13th at 1500Z, we will
have our CW international party on the HF bands, it is the World Wide
South America CW Contest where the South Americans played during that 24
hours the role of the 'stars'.

That day the football World Cup in South Africa will be running and
Argentina will play its first match against Nigeria on Saturday 12th at
1400Z but later there will be other games Greece Vs England and Korea Vs
USA.

We have been discussing, a little joke and a little serious about the
difficulty mean this game schedule, some argue that the band will be
empty of argentines and others that very few of them will give
importance to football and they will be mostly QRV in the bands.

Anyway this will be a real challenge for us as a WWSA organizer country,
so we're spreading to the LU stations to be prepared to have a TV nearby
shack for the contest and watch time to time the second half time, hi hi.

Among other things I'm working on the new address registration of the
new blog will have as soon as possible exclusively dedicated for WWSA,
for now you can only see a text sign. The address is
http://www.wwsatest.org and we hope to begin to build the entire history
of our WWSA with results, photos, and everything that may be of interest
of Contesters.

Esteban LW1DTZ has also worked extensively for the development and
improvement of software control tools and his progress is very
interesting, but I´m not sure that we can count on them for the
occasion. We'll see how follow the progress of our 'Official Developer'.

Among our progress I would say that if you visit the page and click
http://gacw.no-ip.org and then the WWSA CW Contest item menu, will see
that the rules are now available in six languages, Castilian, English,
German , Romanian, Portuguese and French. The number (Hits) that appears
to the right of each topic is the number of times this page has been
accessed.

The site for WD8KNC ALL in ONE software that includes WWSA computations
of points and multipliers while you are running the contest has been
redirected to the new temporary accommodation:
http://www.ghafler.com/wd8knc.html

The GACW web site administrator Gabriel LU3DAT made some changes to show
a a clock counting the remaining time for the WWSA starting.

While all this happens, this weekend we hear in the WWSA. All are
invited to participate.

That's it for today folks.
Best regards

- --