Re: [CQ-Contest] AO8HQ vs DA0HQ - ARRL did the worse in two decisions

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] AO8HQ vs DA0HQ - ARRL did the worse in two decisions
From: "S56A" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 09:43:38 +0200
CT1BOH wrote:
> Instead of fixing the problem with HQ competition, ARRL removes HQ
> competition, forgetting that the HQ competition has been one element fueling
> participation from all over world HQ stations.

IARU contest had become the bad showcase of EU nationalism.  Only exception
known to me is E7HQ which unites 3 local hamradio societies.  I wish more EU
stations take part in Field Days.

Once upon a time this was CCCP Radiosport contest and I activated YU0SRJ in
1970's.  More recently I was sole S50HQ operator on 20 m CW.  Immensly enjoyed
OI2HQ and E7HQ in this millenium.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU

Disclaimer:  I am ARRL member but above views are personal.