[CQ-Contest] Field Day class question

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Field Day class question
From: KI9A@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 13:34:05 EDT
Guys-

Who makes the rules for FD? is it the CAC?

Reason I'm asking this, is to try to find out why they removed the VHF
station from class 1A a few years ago.

Here are my thoughts on allowing 1A to regain the VHF station:  Our  club,
like many others is aging. Getting guys out to set up ( and operate) a  full
blown 2A station is really getting tough these days. In order to be
competitive ( we ALL like to do well! ), you need to set up 4 stations for a 2A

effort. GOTA, VHF, and 2 HF.  That takes a heck of a commitment.

You say, well, just do a 1A effort? Sure, then you have a folks getting
bored sitting around.

If the ARRL let the 1A class use either a GOTA, or a VHF station, that
would really increase participation, or, am I dreaming?

All in all, WHY did they remove it? Seems like a dumb idea to me!

73- Chuck KI9A