[CQ-Contest] Single-op Assisted

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Single-op Assisted
From: "Anthony DeBiasi" <K2SG@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 16:07:46 -0400
Can someone tell me why there are so few entry categories in the IARU?  I don't
wish to start a debate about the pros and cons of SO vs SOA but I would think
that more categories might encourage more people to participate in the contest.
 Having only limited time this weekend I was unable to make a serious effort
but did try to work as many of the WRTC teams as possible.  Other years I tend
to pass on the IARU Contest and know others who feel the same way.  Is there
really a good reason  for the limited categories?

I think the Russian organizers, all the team members and volunteers who
supported the WRTC should be commended for doing a great job.  Like many
others, I noticed that all of the signals sounded about equal.

...73 Tony K2SG