[CQ-Contest] 5 Land Bureau Manager Response - Tom let this fly thru if y

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 5 Land Bureau Manager Response - Tom let this fly thru if you will.
From: k5yaa <k5yaa@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 05:03:23 -0400
CQ-Contest] [CTDXCC] Secrets of QSLing

Being the bureau manager for the 5th district I touch every bureau card that
comes through here and also pre-sort most of the 20,000 or so that hit the PO
every 6 weeks or so.

Most of the "good" QSL ones are handled by individuals themselves or DX card
services like WF5E OM Les in Midland - who by the way will move some of those
answered treasures back thru the bureau for delivery to the end recipient.

 I have seen some miracles in the past eight years of being the Boss of the 5
land bureau.

One no one that helps me wants a paycheck and two there are some old homeys
that continue their travels to one of the 5 states for an expression of " Gee
did I work this guy in 1989 and still did not have Yadda Republic confirmed on
any band?

Hot dang ( A Texican expression ) Hot Dang I now have over 200 confirmed or I
just made the honor Roll with this beautyiful old crumpled up card.

I recently received on their way to several users in 5 Land a card from 1957
that was a W4XYZ/VE4.  No big deal but it was older than the 6 I received from
JA land written in 1966 with some yellowed edges on the card.  JA cards back
then were not paintings you could hang on the wall but looked like the ones
W9SKRE used to print.

Nice big call letters on the front and an area for data on the back , an
address and a stamp.  All in one device for sending a confirmation in the mails
without screwing up the call sign.

Hang around a century or two and help me clean up the remnants of cards from
the 20th and 21st century.  In the mean time get them in the log and check your
LOTW bucket now and then.....
You may have a honey awaiting your hug in their somewhere.

Regards of course and work some DX for me while I sweep up the cards that fell
out of that rice bag from Poland...

73 - Jerry K5YAA