Re: [CQ-Contest] Upcoming: 56th WAEDC CW

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Upcoming: 56th WAEDC CW
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 16:23:43 -0400
Well, the way I do it is to wait till N1MM shows 10 available, and then
give them to the next guy who asks after that.  Pretty random.

Granted, it gets annoying on Sunday when every station who calls us
non-Europeans asks for QTCs.  More or less by definition, only 1 in 10
Eu stations gets QTCs from any given non-Eu.  Nothing to be done about
that.  Just keep saying "NIL", guys.

Another side-note -- Since there is no distinction between Assisted and
Un-assisted in this contest, it could be a good time to try out the
Reverse Beacon Network Telnet feed - just point your contest logger to
telnet.reversebeacon.net, port 7000.  With the RBN you can be pretty
sure of getting to that Es opening on 10, or finding some of the weird
15M openings that come along.

You may find the flood of spots a little overwhelming at times - one
solution is to use DXSpider's filtering capabilities to restrict spots
to RBN stations in your own locality, or use your logging software's own
filters.

73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,