Re: [CQ-Contest] QSL from DARC

To: "Yuri" <ve3dz@rigexpert.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QSL from DARC
From: Oliver "Olli" Dröse <droese@necg.de>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 20:23:09 +0200
Hi Yuri,

first of all the DARC QSL bureau delivers all cards it gets from our local
divisions, they do not check if all cards are from members or not (that would
not fit into the process, usually the local QSL managers should do this).

For your case (I know this very well myself, get also dozen of "Can't be
delivered" or "Not member" cards back) the two most obvious reasons are:
a.) The OM became a DARC member before he obtained his license (i.e. as an
SWL).
After getting the call he did not inform the QSL bureau of his call so even if
he's a member his cards cannot be delivered.
b.) Essentially the same as a.): The guy had a known to the bureau call but
changed it for whatever reason and didn't inform the QSL bureau about the
change
so the cards for the new call cannot be delivered.

I can be really annoying as those guys do not only waste their own money and
time but yours and mine, too. ;-))

73, Olli - DH8BQA