[CQ-Contest] NYQP Rookie announcement

To: "CQ-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] NYQP Rookie announcement
From: "Rick Mintz" <Rmintz@Rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 08:25:05 -0400
(September 3, 2010) The New York QSO Party announces Rookie Operator class!

The NYQP has instituted a new entry class for operators that have received
their Amateur Radio ticket since January 1, 2007. The Rookie Operator Award
will feature a NYQP plaque to the operator with the best NYQP score for 2010.

Compete with others rookies that are also new to our great hobby. Let the folks
with towers, amps and experience fight among themselves! Just follow the NYQP
rules (http://www.nyqp.org/rules.php) and enter as a Single Operator using Low
Power. We will take care of the rest.

With a QSO Party primarily for US/Canadian stations, signals are sure to be
strong. See if radio contesting is for you (it was for me!). Learn about
propagation, search & pouncing, running, logging software and more. You will
finish a better operator... guaranteed.

This award can only be presented to an operator once. Will the very first honor
be yours?  Learn more at: http://www.nyqp.org/faq.php

Get ready for the NYQP! October 16, 2010. http://www.nyqp.org/

de Rick W1TY/W2RTY

P.S. The NYQP web page will have more information in the coming days.