[CQ-Contest] Working and tracking the new PJ's

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Working and tracking the new PJ's
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 12:09:36 -0500
Yesterday I received a message from Jim, KØJUH with a nifty Excel workbook he
designed. He call it the "NEW PJ ENTITIES WFWL SCORECARD." His goal was to have
a handy reference to see which bands/modes/entities he had already contacted.

The arrival of his tool was very timely because I had put a half dozen new ones
into my log and was starting to face the same issue. I was loosing track of who
I needed on what band and what mode. Throw in the fact that there are multiple
stations or callsigns on some of the islands added more variables to the
problem.

I expanded Jim's original workbook a little bit and posted a copy to my
website. If you think this tool would be helpful in your quest, you can
download a copy from here:  http://tinyurl.com/2v9q7ff

It's a straight forward XY grid with callsigns down the left side and
band/modes across the top. You place a W (for worked) or C (for confirmed) in
the appropriate cell. The far right and bottom cells show the totals for each
category.

I added hyperlinks to the online logs that are being posted by some of the PJ
stations. Using these links to update your scorecard will help you decide
whether to re-work a station before they go QRT.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN