[CQ-Contest] WRTC 2014 Team Selection Criteria - updates

To: wrtc2014@lists.wrtc2014.org, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] WRTC 2014 Team Selection Criteria - updates
From: K1to@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 23:59:12 EDT

Thanks for all of the enthusiastic input regarding the Team Selection
Criteria!  I've been unavailable for a while, so this post should get us
mostly
caught up.  Thanks for your patience.

Errata:
- NAQP has no Multi-Single as the chart in Appendix 1 falsely showed
- 9M2 and 9V are in Zone 28 and in Asia, so they are added to AS  #4

Clarifications:

- NAQP scores are not multiplied by 0.9 for LP.  Max score is  800.
- SO SB LP = 0.9 (not 0.9 for SingleBand x 0.9 LowPower)
- SB SOA are compared to AB SOA (similar to SB HP compared to AB HP)
- Max 2 TL per country means DXCC entity
- TA1 = AS #3 and IG9/IH9 = AF N/W

EU #3:
After careful consideration, we are adding one TL slot to the EU #3
Selection Area, bringing the total for EU #3 to 4.  The overall number of
teams
is increased by one to 59.

Residency requirements:
We initially chose to use the same wording as used for WRTC2010,  but we
understand that some clarifications may be needed.

Our goal is to select Team Leaders who have a legitimate claim to represent
 their Home Selection Area, thus we have revised Section 7 Team Leader (TL)
 Qualifications, Paragraphs 5 and 6 as follows:

5)  A TL must be prepared to provide proof of valid residence in his
claimed Home Selection Area at the time of submitting an application in  2013.
Such proof may include passport, resident alien status document,  landed
immigrant status document, work permit, tax bills, and the like, and  should be
sufficient to demonstrate legitimate residence and presence in the
Selection Area.

6)  A TL must be prepared to provide proof of valid  residence in his
claimed Home Selection Area at the time of all contests for  which results are
submitted.  Such proof may include passport, resident  alien status document,
landed immigrant status document, work permit, tax bills,  and the like, and
should be sufficient to demonstrate legitimate residence and  presence in
the Selection Area.

A new paragraph 7 is added, which reads:

7)  The WRTC2014 Committee has sole authority in deciding whether a TL
candidate has provided sufficient proof to demonstrate residence in the claimed
 Home Selection Area for each contest and at the time of
application.   The Committee reserves the right to re-classify an
applicant's Home Selection  Area based on its own judgment.  Any applicant
providing
fraudulent  documents relating to residency will be declared ineligible to
participate in  WRTC2014 as TL, TM or referee, and will be reported to the
WRTC Sanctioning  Committee for possible disqualification from future WRTCs.

A revised Selection Criteria document will appear on the web site shortly,
reflecting these updates.

Good luck to all in this weekend's CQ WW SSB, the first WRTC-2014
qualifying event!

73, Dan, K1TO
WRTC-2014 Team Selection  Director