Re: [CQ-Contest] Would You Still Contest?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Would You Still Contest?
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 21:39:29 -0700
Of course I would.  I'd be competing against other QRP stations, as well
as myself and whatever prior results I might have had.  I've never
operated from a superstation but my current setup is pretty far above 5
watts to a low dipole, and yet I'd have no problem dragging out my K1
for any contest in which I didn't feel obligated to maximize points for
the club.

In my opinion, there will ALWAYS be somebody with a bigger station
and/or a better location, and to abandon the sport just because I wasn't
up there close would suggest I had a less lofty motive for participating
than I suspect the majority of my brethren do.

73,
Dave   AB7E