Re: [CQ-Contest] Wasting Time

To: "Bob Naumann" <W5OV@W5OV.COM>, "'George Fremin III'" <geoiii@kkn.net>, <al_lorona@agilent.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Wasting Time
From: "Radio K0HB" <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 15:33:20 -0000
> There's a right way and a wrong way to do things, and
> saying something inane like "Please copy my number..."
> at the beginning of an exchange is just plain poor operating
> technique - and, yes - a waste of time.

Wow!  Really!

I like "rate" as well as the next guy, but get a grip!  It's HOBBY!

So some oldtimer harkening back to his traffic handling days says "please
copy my number"..... at conversational speed of 400 words per minute, that
works out to 600 milliseconds out of your life.

Give it a break ..... that old dude is only gonna be around maybe three or
four more SS weekends, and his "poor operating technique" will no longer be
a waste of your time.

Come to think of it, how many more SS weekends do you expect to see?
Quitcherbitchen and enjoy having those old geezers in the contests.

73, de Hans, K0HB
--
"Just a boy and his radio"
--