Re: [CQ-Contest] CW Skimmer in NAQP?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CW Skimmer in NAQP?
From: RT Clay <rt_clay@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 20:14:09 -0800 (PST)

--- On Wed, 12/22/10, K1TTT <K1TTT@ARRL.NET> wrote:

> From: K1TTT <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
> Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CW Skimmer in NAQP?
> To: cq-contest@contesting.com
> Date: Wednesday, December 22, 2010, 5:47 PM
> That is because they aren't allowing
> it for spotting information, only for
> copying the code like any other code reader would in making
> contacts.

"Access to spotting information obtained directly or indirectly from any source
other than the station operator, such as from other stations or automated
tools, is prohibited, except as follows: Technological methods of copying
information in the contest exchange (e.g. CW Skimmer, code readers, etc.) are
permitted as long as all components are entirely contained within the station."

The callsign is part of a contest exchange, so to me that IS spotting
information. The new wording is REALLY confusing if the intent is still not to
allow local skimmer spots.

I am well aware of the differences between running a local CW Skimmer, reverse
beacon, FFT bandscope, etc.

Tor
N4OGW/5