[CQ-Contest] re : Icom 756PRO as a CW contest rig

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] re : Icom 756PRO as a CW contest rig
From: "Jeffrey Clarke" <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 19:19:31 -0500

      I think it's unfair to compare the Icom IC756PRO with what is
available today. The technology is more than a decade old compared to
today's K3's , FT5000 DX etc.

    Sure those newer radios are going to be better. During its day it was a
good radio compared to what was available then. I seem to remember it being
the  2nd most

    used radio  by the teams in WRTC-2006 so it can't be all that bad. I
have used much worse radios. It's far from being "unusable" on CW as one
person

    commented.  If you contest on a budget it's a good choice. If not go for
the K3 or FT-5000 DX.

    Jeff KU8E