[CQ-Contest] Availability of RBN Test Server for Use by Software Develop

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Availability of RBN Test Server for Use by Software Developers
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 16:33:46 -0500
To enable software developers to test and refine their logging software,
the RBN team has made the server at K4TD.com:7000 available
temporarily.  It is sending a simulated full contest flow at about 50
percent above the average rates seen during CQWWCW (16 spots/second
versus 9.9 during CQWW).  The rate is randomized so any given second may
see as few as 4-5 spots or as many as 25 -- we have also randomized
callsigns, frequencies and spotter calls to make the simulation as
realistic as possible.  You will see that the test spots contain the
word "FAKE" in the comment field, which we hope will avoid confusing
regular users, who should connect instead to
telnet.reversebeacon.net:7000, the current prime operational server,
courtesy of K5TR.

--
73, Pete N4ZR

The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com