Re: [CQ-Contest] RDXC updated FAQ - Remote operation

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] RDXC updated FAQ - Remote operation
From: Mike Fatchett W0MU <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 12:35:18 -0700
You would feel cheated if he told you he was remote but you would be
fine if he did not?  Ultimately you just said there is no difference.

Why do you care where the operator is located?  You get credit for where
the station is located.

The internet is a bunch of long wires unless you are on a sat connection
and then is is done oddly enough with RF.........So it is ok to have a
500m mic cord but not one that 7000 miles?

Nobody is forcing you to operate remote, create a remote station or even
talk to remote stations.  Just like SO2R I don't think Remote c
ontesting and operating is going to be doing anything other than growing
in a big way.