Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC-2014 event scores for Russian DX Contest

To: kzerohb@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] WRTC-2014 event scores for Russian DX Contest
From: w7dra@juno.com
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 21:47:57 -0700
i wrote a piece about working a contest in a QSO limited division, CQWPX
SOSB 80 QRP, keymans club of japan 160 meter contest, my latest CQWW
SOSB160 QRP, where modern transievers, computer logging, accurate
frequency determination are all unnecessary. having a large antenna and a
quiet receiving set up is important though........

i went head to head with K7SS SOSB 160 QRP, with all his modern equipment
against my NC183 and ARC5 VFO we tied or i beat him depending - all
amounting to time in the chair, he wanted to go up and work the higher

i would think there are a lot of DLs living in three story walk up
apartments with a TS820 and a dipole, with his internet connection down
at the local library..............

there are a lot of amateurs who dont make much noise but contribute

mike w7dra