Re: [CQ-Contest] Throwing the Baby Out With the Bathwater

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Throwing the Baby Out With the Bathwater
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 21:14:55 -0700
I fail to understand all this animosity toward contests sponsors that
are simply trying to clean up their events.  If you don't believe there
is a lot of cheating going on you have to be living in a cave.  What
would you have the RXDC do?  They know cheating is going on and we've
all seen serious competitors complain about it.  Do you want the RDXC to
just put their head in the sand like the ARRL mostly does?  The RXDC has
clearly limited the more draconian requirements to the best of their
ability and they've tried to leave the rest of us as unaffected as
possible, even though I'd wager my IRA that a lot of cheating is going
on at all levels.  The rest of us are probably less emotionally invested
in whether we finish 15th vs 16th, or 83rd vs 82nd, but the folks
fighting for #1 probably care a ton whether the guy who beat them was
cheating or not.

So tell  me ... what would you do if you were on the RXDC?  Try to put
yourself in their position and come up with something better than just
sniping at them.

Dave   AB7E