[CQ-Contest] K6JSS/8 in Michigan QSO Party

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] K6JSS/8 in Michigan QSO Party
From: Hank Greeb <n8xx@arrl.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 19:16:39 -0400
Note to all die-hard State QSO Party ops.  This will alert you that, in
honor of the 50th anniversary, or Golden Jubilee, of the QRP Amateur
Radio Club International (QRPARACI) we are lining up as many operators
as possible to operate as K6JSS during the upcoming Michigan QSO Party,
1600Z April 16 to 0400Z April 17.

Details of the Golden jubilee may be found at
http://www.qrparci.org/content/view/8371/118/

Details of the MIQP may be found at http://www.miqp.org

So, if you work K6JSS/MECO at 1700Z, for example, that will  be me. If,
you work K6JSS/8/MARQ at 1710Z, you might wonder how a mobile could
cover the 400 or so miles in 10 minutes!  But, we won't be mobile. Most
will be operating from home, and use the county designator to delineate
among the various stations.  Legally, we could all operate as K6JSS, no
suffix, but that could REALLY confuse the issue.  Some will want to
include the /8/COUNty (recommended by QRP ARCI), others will adopt the
convention of most mobiles and just operated as K6JSS/COUNty.

BTW, if anyone in this reflector wishes to volunteer, please let me know.

We still have 74 counties of the 83 in Michigan which we'd like to
cover.  You needn't be a member of QRPARCI, or any other club.  The only
requirement is that you be in the county (or operate portable in it,
agree to run 5 watts or less, and submit a log to the overall
coordinator of the effort, in addition to your log to the MIQP scoring team.

Oh? You like to run QRO?  100 Watts? 1500 Watts?  Let it be known that
two ops (K8MM and KT8K) last year ran QRP and placed in the top 10
overall for SOAB.  They beat out more than a hundred folks who were
running much more power.  So, power isn't everything.

Let me know if you'd like to join to group of K6JSS ops during the
Michigan QSO Party 2011.

73 de n8xx Hg
Operating K6JSS in MECOsta County during MIQP 2011